Monday, March 3, 2014

Clean Monday


Today, in Greece we celebrate Clean Monday, the day that occurs at the beginning of the 7th week before Orthodox Easter Sunday...  One of the customs of this special day, beloved by young and old,  is the flying of the kite! Unfortunately, today is a rainy day but we are always hopeful that the weather will allows us to fly our kites!
...and making a flashback, this is a photo of Clean Monday 1955 in Athens from the photographic archives of Benaki Museum! Those years every family made its own handmade kite from canes and colorful papers.... I have memories from my childhood, in the 80's, when my uncle was making a wonderful kite for me and my brother every year!!! Priceless moments! 



1 comment:

  1. Η τελευταια φωτογραφία
    ανεπανάλητπη!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...