Tuesday, August 18, 2015

DIY: Creating Art for Nursery


I 'm so happy this season, because one of my best friends is going to be mom for her third time in a few days... So, as this period I am on holidays, far away from professional obligations and I have a lot of free time,  I decided to make a special handmade gift for her baby boy! After some hours of thinking, I decided to create two little paintings which will decorate perfectly the wall above his crib
As he will be born in the end of the August, I chose to use two colours which reminds the Greek Summer! I painted the background with my favourite colour, which is nothing else but turquoise, the colour of the pure sea water. For the details I chose some shades of orange... Those who takes the sky the sunset hour! 
The paintings' theme is the forest and the Indians... One of little boys' favourite theme! I designed the head of a little deer, an Indian tepee, some feathers and some arrows on balsa wood. Then I cut them and glued them on the canvas in order to create a kind of 3D result. The final step was to write on them some messages for their little owner, with my black markers. 
The materials I used for this project was: two canvas frames of 20x20cm, a piece of balsa wood, acrylic colours and my  favourite markers.
Images by Georgia Samartzi

Follow me on 
| Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Google+ Flickr |

2 comments:

  1. Καταπληκτική δουλειά! Και τα μηνύματα που έγραψες αποτελούν μηνύματα κ στάση ζωής για τον άνθρωπο γενικότερα! Με το καλό να υποδεχτείτε το αυγουστιάτικο αγγελούδι σας!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ευχαριστώ πολύ για τις ευχές και τα καλά σου λόγια!!! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...